If you use a common Content Managment System (CMS) please check our Getting Started area for instructions tailored to your system.
This tutorial assumes you have already signed up for a Hablo account and you have FTP or File System Access to your website.
Find the right file to edit.
- There are many different web platforms out there but all of them should output the </head> tag we need to find.
Tip! To find all files in your site that contain this tag you can use a good text editor such as notepad++.
- First make a copy of the site to a directory of your choice.
- Using in the menu of notepad++ select Search > Find in Files.
- In Find what add </head>. Now select the directory where you made the copy of the site.
- When finished click Find All to display the results.
- The results should look simular to the below. Clicking on one of the results should open the area where it found the </head> tag.
- Make sure you have a copy of the original files as a backup in case things go wrong.
- Paste the chat code just before the </head> Your cursour should be just before the < character.
- After saving the files copy them back to your website with your FTP program or file system.
Check your script
- In order for the chat widget to show, there needs to be an agent ready. Log in to your account and set your status to Ready.
- Now go to your website and refresh the page. Your Hablo chat box should now appear on the page.
- Now that you have the basics setup, you can customize the look of your widget and change some of the default options.
Important! You will not have to reinstall the script again for changes to take effect.
- Please see our customization guide for more details.